Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday and we are so thankful





Heading over to check on the horses one day a while back I spotted some rose hips and so I grabbed a few that I could find and later that evening I did a bit of checking on line about these units as I remember a neighbour years ago told us they were good for something or other. I found that wild rose hips are loaded with many vitamins especially vitamin C. So I figured that the person who first told me about this little vitamin pack may have known more about this item than I gave them credit for. I probably said things like ya sure what ever as I was walking away from them humouring them a bit and the left it at that. I'm sure that was 10 to 15 years ago.
Well now knowing all that I have found out about rose hips and how good they are for us I though that maybe I would see if there were any more to be found. After about 5 minutes of searching and getting my hands and especially my fingers full of small prickles I managed to find enough for a cup if tea for my sweetheart and I that evening. Well the tea was very good and we both slept really good that night.

Today before we left the ranch I thought that I would look again for some of those rose hips to take home and clean up for more of that delicious tea. I looked for a bit and did find a few but not too many till I tripped and fell to my knees and almost a nose dive into the ground. Well that's when it all happened. from down on my knees I could see rose hips every where under the plants and grass. I got right at it and in no time I had a really nice small pail of rose hips to take home with me. I will continue to look for more in the days to come so if you ever stop by during the next while we will serve you some really nice honey and rose tea.

Really neat thing about this whole experience is that it reminds me of my walk in life over the past 28 years. I remember people like Jim Hingston, Pastor Carter, Doug Klan, Dana Bailley, Sister Germain, and so many others talking about Jesus to me and I would humour them, thinking that these are real nut cases and what do they know anyway. I don't need this religious stuff in my life like they seem to need it.

But then as we got married and started to have children and I would sometimes follow Diane to mass and say I would go to help her with the kids, little bits of some thing started to impact my life for better than what I had ever had before. Then one day as I was looking for more I tripped and my life was falling apart, but down there on my knees at the foot of an old rugged cross I let go of all the old self and chose to give Jesus a chance. Down there on my knees it all made sense and became clear and I could for the first time ever see all that God had in store for this wretched soul.

When I fell to my knees I could see all those precious rose hips that I was looking for all the time, just like when I fell to my knees 28 years go and finally there I could see the abundant free life that God has for each and every one of us. Go figure!!!!



The Battle River Ranch Camp is a one of a kind entry level trades and life skills opportunity facility. Offering an option to anyone that has been searching for an opportunity to find out their area of strength and work place career possibilities.

Our hope and prayer is to let as many of you know about the ranch as possible so that the hope it will bring and the lives it will change and the encouragement it will provide can start as soon as possible. The ranch will be a one of a kind facility and will offer an option to many like no other.

When God has a plan and like our friend Mike and Pastor Lyle wisely told us just keep your focus and don't let the distractions pull you away from God's purpose. Thank you once again for taking the time to view our blog. The Battle River Ranch Camp is a non profit organization that is focused on developing trades, life skills and training opportunities for men and women that are searching and find it difficult to get the opportunities needed to develop a productive life skill. Many men and women today have no idea about their future or what they could be good at and to find out their possible skill area or level. We are a faith based and mentor based training facility and our hope is with the help of anyone that has a heart for helping so many to give each person that comes to the ranch an opportunity to find the skills they were created for.

Harold and Diane Stephan left a life filled with addictions and bad choices. Their journey has taken them through different twelve step programs and life recovery through a relationship and healing process with Jesus Christ. If it were not for caring people in their lives that never gave up on them or thought they were a hopeless cause they too would still be lost.

We would love to hear from you and if you feel this is a program and facility that would help you or someone that you know, or you would like to be more involved with a ministry like this or support it financially we would we would be very appreciative, and would love to talk to you and would very much appreciate your help in what ever way you can. Even if you could help with a small one time donation or a larger one it would help so much to bring this life changing facility and place of hope to be opened by this fall.

This is a ministry for those that have a heart and desire to make a difference in the lives of others with the skills and gifts they have been blessed with and have a desire to pass on what they know to the next generation.

You are always welcome to visit and we look forward to your input. This ministry is prayer based, and we pray daily for the needs of others, if you have a need for prayer and not sure where to start give us a call and we will confidentially support and help you in this area. You may not know a lot about God but God knows everything about you and He loves you more than anyone can or ever will.

TO DONATE :

If you are able to and would like to make a very needed and appreciated donation to this worthy project that is changing lives now and forever PLEASE consider making a donation to:
CROSSMAN MINISTRIES / BRRC
Box 11403
Lloydminster, Ab.
T9V 3B7
or visit our web site for direct donating, thank you

As a registered charity your tax deductable receipts will be sent out at the end of the year.

Once again we thank you from the bottom of our heartsfor considering The Battle River Ranch Camp a life skills and trades introduction opportunity, as a option to support financially, an option that is making a differance in the lives of our young men and women right here at home in Canada.


God Bless You and Your Family!!!
Harold & diane Stephan and
Board of Directors of the Battle River Ranch Camp
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL US AT 1-3O6-825-7734 OR
haroldstephan@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. It takes an enormous amount of conditioning for some of us to spend any amount of time on our knees, but the Lord is so gracious as He patiently waits for us to figure it out. I loved this post Harold...it made me smile knowing just where you are in your conditioning. May the Lord bless you and Diane deeply today.

    Love Michelle and Bud

    ReplyDelete