Tuesday, October 15, 2013

GRANDPARENTS

Great to be with our newest grandson Cohen Xavier Stephan a strong 5lbs 5oz baby boy. Sara's is doing great and James has survived his first child birth. God has again blessed the Stephan family with another son to carry on the family name. 
     Grandpa was always special and my dad made sure we showed the respect our grandfather deserved. It was easy that way for him to teach us the many life lessons we needed to grow in to adult hood. I remember once way out at one of our fields in early fall repairing a grain bin so it could be filled with wheat from a nearby field. I was only about 8-10 years old and we loaded up the truck, complete with lunch kits and coffee, water and coolaid to head out but made the short trip to grandpa's home where he lived, picked him up and away we were off. I loved driving in the old truck with my dad and grandpa, the smells and sounds of the engine and shifting gears. It was a warm fall day and so dad had to reach under the dash to pull on a lever that would automatically open a scoop on the hood of the truck and a cool breeze blew on us all. Once we got to the place the grain bin was located we unloaded and dad poured a coffee for him and grandpa, and a cup of cool aid for me.  We were soon working on the grain bin repairing holes from old boards and mice. I was attempting to cut a board without much success when grandpa came over after seeing me struggle asked if he could show me an easy way to use the saw. He not only showed me but told me how the saw worked and if I did right it was easy to cut and straight. He explained that the saw was built in such a way that the teeth would cut and clean if we would just pull and direct.  Thay's as easy as it was, we didn't have to push harder force it just push back and forth easily and the saw would do it's job and as I watched tha's what it did. I got to spend a lot of time with my grandfather and learned so much. 









     THANK YOU once again for taking the  to view our blog. The Battle River Ranch Camp is a non profit organization that is focused on developing trades, life skills and training opportunities for men and women that are searching and find it difficult to get the opportunities needed to develop a productive and positive life skill. A strong confident man or women of God will impact the darkness in our service industry in many ways.
TO DONATE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE;
If you are able to and would like to make a very needed and appreciated donation to this worthy project that is changing lives now and forever right here at home PLEASE consider making a donation to:CROSSMAN MINISTRIES / BRRC, (Battle River Ranch Camp) or visit our web site for directdonating and more information, thank you very much we cannot do it alone. Please consider becoming a $25.00 a month donor today. Thank you so much.
*Be a blessing to someone every day*.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment