Thursday, November 28, 2013

From Darkness to Light (abundant life)








Dear Battle River Ranch Camp followers,

I thought this was the perfect time to write my blog, now that I'm half way into completing the five month program here at the ranch. Many wonderful surprises have happened since coming to the ranch. Just to fill you in here a little about my background.  I’ve grown up in a dysfunctional family where my father had left my sister (Brittany ) and I because of his serious addictions to drugs and alcohol. My mother also had her addictions so life was hard.  As I grew up I did start to realize and understand the commitment my father had made. Praise the Lord! He has been clean since September02 of 1995.  My mother unfortunately has been continually struggling, and so I pray for her and ask for your prayers as well. Well, at age 13 I had been smoking cigarettes, marijuana, drinking alcohol and getting into trouble with the law! I was a troubled teenager having the ‘‘I don’t care attitude’’ disrespecting authority, elders, my self and not only that, our wonderful Father who has created me. I would only get worse from now on, eight years of probation for my crimes and always going to the extreme of trying all kinds of drugs. These drugs would bring me to my bottom of bottoms, hurting people to get my next fix, begging people for money downtown London Ontario. Stealing, lying anything to get what I wanted and when I wanted it. I had been so broken inside, seeing what I was doing to myself and to others. When I was serving more time in jail for another crime I had committed in January of 2012, I had started to pray to God again, for him to show me and guide me on the right road again. I had been learning and also knew inside my heart that God could somehow change me. I had read other testimonies about people way worst then me being totally set free by His divine power. I could feel it, but knew that was a commitment I had to be totally ready for. I was selfish and didn’t want to let go of everything. I thought to myself “I’m still young, I want to have fun."  Well shortly after I had miraculously been let go from jail I was straight back to what I knew best. While I had been in jail I met a man named Tim Horn an aftercare worker for New Life Prison Ministries. Tim would try to meet with me on a regular basis; he would always show me his love like Jesus would. Knowing he was a faithful man of God and when we would meet I would be so convicted I knew I had to change. I knew that I wanted to be like Tim one day! So I started to make contact with Teen Challenge Saskatchewan. I left Ontario knowing that if I left far away having no distractions whatsoever that I could spend one complete year at Teen Challenge seeking God so he could raise me up and use me for His kingdom. So I battled through the tough times at Teen Challenge learning how to cope and use my skills. Learning how to deal with life skills, always being in communion with Christ. Having good fellowship with my other brothers that are making that step to living the new life Christ offers. In my last three months I was getting close to finishing my program. I knew I always wanted to be a plumber. But the door wasn’t opening. I then was reminded of Harold and Diane Stephan from Battle River Ranch, and so my friend said to me “why don’t you just give them a call and see what happens?" and sure enough when I made that call God had already opened that door! Well you’re in for a treat now!! God has blessed me with a new life. I’ve graduated the twelve month program at Teen Challenge and now I’ve been at the Ranch and have been clean and sober for a full 15 months. I’ve been able to come to the Ranch and develop and enhance my skills in the trades. 1 Corinthians 2:9  "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

This Scripture blows my mind!!  And is truly real!  I’ve been places and seen things now that I couldn’t ever see lost or  trapped into my addiction. Blinded from the plans God had in store for me. God has taken me places because I started being faithful. Finally giving up the old life, He has blessed me ten fold and even a hundred fold. I am now half way into the program and those who have said that “they can learn nothing in five months."  Well I can truly prove that statement wrong. If you put your full potential into the short five months and ask God to help you and guide you! Piece of cake for Him!  Anyways, I’m trying to say that I am already training others to do plumbing!! Recently our other student here at the ranch has felt led by God to also pursue a career in plumbing. Haeden and I have had  the chance to do our first home together, setting up all the main water lines, system, shower hook ups and currently working on our drainage and that’s what I have learned today at Battle River Ranch.  Watching Harold’s sons teach me to do something I love doing, in a Christian way!! I am blessed again. Well I am also planning on my exit plan so I know five months can go fast. I only have two months left. I am praying that maybe I could stay at the ranch and get to work everyday. I am praying that God will provide a vehicle for me to get to and from. The reason why I want to stay at the ranch is because of the great atmosphere here. Coming from a broken life, living the dark life I was in and now coming to freedom through Christ. I am not ready to put myself into a situation where I don’t need to be if I don’t have to. I am also praying what great asset I could be to the ranch. So I am also praying that I could possibly be a mentor to our new students coming to the ranch. I have been asked by Harold to consider that. Well, that is currently where I am at the ranch. I have been encouraged In living the life God has designed for me today because of how encouraged I am being here at Battle River Ranch Camp! Only because you have made this possible through your support. I am thankful because I now have a career in plumbing, all because of God and people like you. Special thank you to Harold and Diane for being so faithful in carrying the vision God has given you. I pray Lord God that you keep them strong because we know this is not possible without you. I also thank you God for the people who have blessed us here at the ranch and now having me where you need me to be. God,you are good. Amen!

 Sincerely,

 Jason Primrose


       Thank you once again for taking the time to view our blog. The Battle River Ranch Camp is a non profit organization that is focused on developing trades, life skills and training opportunities for men and women that are searching and find it difficult to get the opportunities needed to develop a productive and positive life skill. A strong confident man or women of God will impact the darkness in our service industry in many ways.


TO DONATE AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE;
If you are able to and would like to make a very needed and appreciated donation to this worthy project that is changing lives now and forever right here at home PLEASE consider making a donation to:  CROSSMAN MINISTRIES / BRRC, (Battle River Ranch Camp) or visit our website for directdonating and more information, thank you very much we cannot do it alone. Please consider becoming a $25.00 a month donor today. Thank you so much.
*Be a blessing to someone every day*.

   

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Jason, God has made an incredible transformation in your life. You have a very inspiring story that I know you will share with many.

    ReplyDelete