Thursday, November 14, 2013

When you least expect


      
     The last day of skiing, the last few hours of the perfect day. As usuall we have been blessed with many great family ski trips over the past 35 years. 
     As I was sitting by the huge windows watching the new skiers in our family and keeping an ear open for sounds from baby Ethan I continued making crosses and I must admitt a few original and very nice crosses. A guy that was standing behind me commented on the crosses and said his dad used to make them also we shared a bit and he took all of the ranch info. I continued to finish up a few crosses when he walked up to me, I guessed him to be about 14 years old. Tay was his name and he had been watching me and was curious as to what I was doing. His parents stood nearby also and they were excited to hear that I was a Christian and why I made the crosses. I asked Tay if he'd like one and he gladly picked one out. I wan't quite ready yet so they headed out for one last run down the mountain. When Tay returned I had the cross ready and the look in his eyes was great as I gave him the cross. That's when the unexpected happened. Tay asked me to pray for him as he has lung cancer and test were not great. He may loose part of his lung soon. He said he would keep me up todate on how it goes. So I told him I would ask all my friends to pray also. Just when you think you have it so rough God put a need before you that needs prayer and healing big time. So please each of you out there please lift Tay up in your prayer times and more.
     Thank you and God bless each of you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment