Monday, December 27, 2010

Monday Can't Beat That Day


The Lonely Girl

Bare foot and dirty, the girl just sat and watched the people go by. She never tried to speak, she never said a word. Many people passed, but never did one person stop, several would pause and point but just like myself who had time for these types of people. Well it just so happens, the next day I decided to go back to the park, and surprised to find the little girl was still there. Right in the very spot as she was yesterday, she sat perched on a high area, with the saddest look in her eyes.

Today I would do something very out of the norm, and and walked over to the little girl. As we all know, a park full of strange people is not a place for young children to play alone. As I began walking towards her, I could see the back of the little girl's dress indicated a deformity. I figured that was the reason the people just passed by and made no effort to help. As I got closer, the little girl slightly lowered her eyes to avoid my intent stare. I could see the shape of her back more clearly. It was grotesquely shaped in a humped over form.

I smiled to let her know it was OK, I was there to help, to talk. I sat down beside her and opened with a simple Hello. The little girl acted shocked and stammered a "hi" after a long stare into my eyes. I smiled and she shyly smiled back. We talked 'til darkness fell and the park was completely empty. Everyone was gone and we at once were alone.

I asked the girl why she was so sad. The little girl looked at me and with a sad face said, "Because I'm different."

I immediately said "that you are!" and smiled.

The little girl acted even sadder, she said, "I know."

"Little girl," I said, "you remind me of an angel, sweet and innocent."

She looked at me and smiled, slowly she stood to her feet, and said, "Really?"

"Yes, dear, you're like a little guardian angel sent to watch over all those people walking by."

She nodded her head "yes" and smiled, and with that she spread her wings and said, "I am. I'm your guardian angel," with a twinkle in her eye.

I was speechless. Surely I was seeing things. She said, "Finally, for once you thought of someone other than yourself, now my job here is done."

Immediately I stood to my feet and said, "Wait, so why did no one stop to help an angel?"

She looked at me and smiled, "You're the only one who could see me, and you finally acted from your heart." And in an instant she was gone.

And with that my life was changed dramatically. So, when you think you're all you have, remember, your angel is always watching over you.

Mine was.

WHY WE PRAY AND HOPE THAT
YOU WILL GIVE JESUS A CHANCE

THE LIFE YOU REALLY WANT AND CAN HAVE IS UP TO YOU

HERE'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO AND WHY

DON'T WAIT ANOTHER MINUTE TO DO WHAT'S RIGHT AND HERE'S WHY
#1
Because you have a past
You can't go back, but He can. The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) He can walk into those places of sin, failure and hopelessness, wipe the slate clean and give you a new beginning. A beginning with a real and lasting future, full of hope.
#2
Because you need a friend
Jesus knows the worst about you, yet he believes the best. Why? Because He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you. What a friend!
#3
Because He holds the future
Who else are you going to trust? In his hands you are safe and secure - today, tomorrow and for eternity. His word says, "For I know the plans I have for you ...plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen". (Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB)

If you'd like to start over, with a new beginning with Jesus today, Diane, I, the board of directors, volunteers and supporters of Crossman Ministries and the Battle River Ranch Camp would ask you, if you are looking for a new beginning to please pray this prayer:

LORD JESUS CHRIST
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask Your forgiveness and now turn from everything that I know is wrong. Thank You for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you have made this commitment and would like to make contact, please call us. We'd love to talk to you and help in any way we can.

We are praying for all of you reading the blog every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment