Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday can't beat that day

Stormy Sunday as we jump from one place to another with a full schedule of events that we attended today. Please pray that we will be able to get all the Christmas letters out in the next few days. God's blessings to all and all our love thank you.
Bible Verses about

Grandparents

Proverbs 17:6 ESV / 49 helpful votes

Grandchildren are the crown of the aged, and the glory of children is their fathers.

Proverbs 16:31 ESV / 38 helpful votes

Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained in a righteous life.

Proverbs 13:22 ESV / 15 helpful votes

A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children, but the sinner's wealth is laid up for the righteous.

Isaiah 46:4 ESV / 12 helpful votes

Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.

Psalm 145:4 ESV / 11 helpful votes

One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.

Psalm 37:25 ESV / 11 helpful votes

I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.

2 Timothy 1:5 ESV / 10 helpful votes

I am reminded of your sincere faith, a faith that dwelt first in your grandmother Lois and your mother Eunice and now, I am sure, dwells in you as well.

Deuteronomy 4:9 ESV / 10 helpful votes

“Only take care, and keep your soul diligently, lest you forget the things that your eyes have seen, and lest they depart from your heart all the days of your life. Make them known to your children and your children's children—

Psalm 103:17 ESV / 8 helpful votes

But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children,

Psalm 92:14-15 ESV / 7 helpful votes

They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the Lord is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Exodus 34:6-7 ESV / 5 helpful votes

The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation.”

Titus 2:1-5 ESV / 4 helpful votes

But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.


That Old Lighthouse
As I view the subsistence of my life, a melody appears,
to the reflections of a child and the sounds of time,
building to a place, I've become.
A face with tiny wrinkles, the hair a tint of gray.
Her eyes hold a gleam, to help a dreamer on their way.
My Grand Old Lighthouse to this day.
A hand firm but filled with love
a child could understand.
A gentleness of spirit to urge you into another day,
my first glimpse of Jesus,
in my Grand Old Lighthouse to this day.
The pains of a child become so real as
I look back through those eyes to see
how she wished to make all the hurt stop.
The point reached between Grandmother and child,
the place where each knows to look
at the peak of dawn and the destination She would choose
for each of her bundles of delight.
She still stands tall through years of strife,
to make me realize
Grandmother
you're that Grand Old Lighthouse in my life.
Donna Robbins
Niagara Falls, NY



1 comment:

  1. I am Donna Robbins who wrote the poem, The Grand Old Light House. Thank you for adding my poem to your page. If you would like to email me my email address is: donaohr@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete