Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday can't beat that day














Saskatchewan is our team, here we come Grey Cup. What a way to spend a Sunday afternoon, nachos and melted cheese, sushi and pickled garlic and a Rider win. One would think-can't get much better, but did it ever. We attended a great church service at the Canmore Trinity church, met some great folks and left all the ranch info with the pastor. After church we headed out to find somewhere to have lunch, the first few places we stopped at seemed very new age and we felt we needed to look a bit more. As we were passing by a Chinese restaurant we turned in to check it out not expecting to stay, just look inside. Well we went in and there was something different about this place so we sat down and looked at the menu. Our waitress came over to serve us and we ordered a bowl of soup and beef and broccoli. After our waitress put our order in she came over and started to ask us where we were from and a lot of other questions. Well in no time at all we were talking about the ranch and we gave her all of the info including a promo DVD. She then left us to our meal and we were about half done our meal and she comes back and says that she is a Christian and her husband and their children are all believers in the hope we have in Jesus Christ. Well for the next hour we shared and laughed and had such a great visit with this beautiful Chinese woman with such a strong faith. She is excited to be able to share all the info with her children, and her church. Her son is an engineer and she says he will be very interested in seeing this place. She also has two daughters that live in Calgary. God is so great as he opens doors for those of us willing to step out and talk about all that God is doing in our lives each and every day. Oh ya the difference in this restaurant was there were no shrines or any of that stuff anywhere. P.T.L.

SUNDAY'S PRAYER

Everyone has a free choice to live a life of "frustration and hoplessness," or to live a life of grace and hopfulness, in the Salvation of Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Many of us may have made wrong choices in our lives, God knows we sure have, but that doesn't mean that we have to remain living in those wrong choices, a life that seem to be going nowhere. A good friend of ours once said "I don't need any of that God stuff" and a few minutes later he said "I really have nothing after all these years". Jesus is always there reaching out to us with all of His love and hope. It is "our choice" to "accept Him into our lives" or not. I've heard it said that a split second after we die some of us will wish we had made some differant choices.
If you haven't yet gotten down and humbly asked the Lord into your life then you need to. If your pride is holding you back, let it go now. You don't need pride keeping you from Heaven and you don't have to wait to hit the bottom of the barrel like so many of us did. Please know that no matter what you may have done, it is never too late to clean up and clear up the past. It doesn't matter what sins you have committed or mistakes you have made in your life, God is a good God who loves you more than you will ever know. Yes it is really true, Jesus does "love" you with His whole heart, much more than the group or gang that you are hanging out with. If you have never said the Salvation prayer or you just feel that you need to say it again, say it now with your whole heart let those tears flow as the peace floods in. Years ago a guy said to me, why not give Jesus the next six months of your life, fully and completely and see what he will do with you. In 6 months if you don't like what He's done for you, all this grief and crap will still be waiting for you. We've never looked back. P.T.L.

"Salvation Prayer"

Lord Jesus, I’ve been a sinner for as long as I can remember. I never knew the joy that I could have by accepting you into my life. I know now that you hear my prayers. I need you to be my Savior. You have always been there loving me, through everything in my life no matter what I said about you.
Forgive me for all of my sins and horrible life. I am so sorry for the way I have been, and the way that I have treated you and others. You died on the cross for me. How could you love me that much, how can I ever thank you enough for loving and caring for a wretch like me.
Forgive me for all of the things that I have done. Please come into my life to wash away all of my sins and wicked ways. I desire eternal life with you. Be my Savior and Lord of all my life. I want to be in Heaven with you for eternity and feel your love. I worship you and thank you Jesus, with every bit of gratitude and love that I can feel towards you. I love you Lord Jesus, with all of my heart. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
We want to share in your joy, if you have just said this prayer sincerely from your heart. The angels are rejoicing with you right now. Email us and share with us your joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment