Friday, May 21, 2010

Fridays' Frenzy











Today was full of miracles again as we all headed for the ranch. Today we planned to finish the grade beam construction and prepare it all so we can pour concrete Tuesday. Now Larry and I didn't even get to the ranch and the miracle call came in. A local steel worker, Joe Stang called and asked me about how we planned to erect the steel on the shop, he said we need certified people to do that kind of construction. I said, "I knew that, but I also was told that if it's our own building we could do it ourselves." I also mentioned that I believed that God knew who would help us out to put it up. He then said, "well, if you can help me a few days before the building will be raised my crew of men said they would come out and set up all the steel and donate all their time." So P.T.L. some days I wonder if we are doing anything right but as God continues to pour out the blessings and give us so much favor we can only be grateful and know that His will be done.

We worked like crazy on the forms and by noon we knew it was possible to pour the first section of grade beam today. So Chance called and ordered the concrete for 4:00 sharp. We were ready and the pour went so well, to be in God's favour is a great place to be.

As we were heading out of the yard after the cleanup today and locking up the gate a ZEE Medical van went whipping by, so I tried to wave him down after he had passed, with little hope that he would see me, but wow, his break light came on and he turned around and came back. Next week Robert will get us set up with a first aid kit for the Ranch. Thanks so much Rob for stopping.

Chance has such a heart for the ranch and for us to be blessed with this kind of help is a blessing of huge proportions.

James has all the bolts in place and what a job that was for him to measure and set those in place.

Everyone takes their job seriously because we know why we are doing it. It's for the glory of God and so it is so exciting! After the driver of the cement truck got done cleaning up his truck he came over to me and asked if he could donate some money to the ranch construction, he said this is something that I would love to be a part of!

I sometimes think about men in the Bible like Moses, Noah, Job, Matthew, Paul and of course, Jesus and all they had to do. It's a good thing they had good people around them and it sure makes us appreciate the great team we get to work with everyday.

Please pray for those of us out at the site as many of us old goats are struggling with hernia's, gout, bad backs, knees falling apart every once in a while, and old age, but God has a job here that needs to be done and He gives us enough strength for each day.

This evening we found two baby geese outside our door at home. Where they came from nobody knows, but we have named them Jacob and Hailey and of course that's who love them the most. Well and Matt. and Diane also.

John 14:27 (New International Version)

"27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Concrete makes a solid foundation for a building but Jesus is the only solid foundation for your life.




1 comment:

  1. SO CUTE! Did you see Fly Away Home???

    ReplyDelete