Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Tuesday's Trivia


Our day in Calgary started up with an early morning. As I filled up with fuel at our neighborhood, friendly Co-op and got to talking with some of the guys as to which would be the best and fastest way to get to Calgary. They told me to head to Edmonton and then south from there because once you leave Lloyd you have no street lights all the way to Calgary. Well, when I go thru Wainright it takes me 6 hours and today past Edmonton it took only 5 hours, go figure.

Diane and I have so much to deal with and it is very tiring and draining on us both so we are so thankful God has blessed us with the staff and board of directors that we have. Sometimes I think we need to be super people to keep up with all that needs to be done. It was so encouraging last Sunday as Don reminded us that God puts the right people with the wisdom and patience to stand with us as we build the Kingdom of God. Today as we were traveling, James called us from the ranch with a problem but even at his young age he knew if we prayed and sought God's direction, reviewed the situation that in no time we would have the solution. So we did and the problem was solved so the project went on and peace flowed like a river.

We stopped for lunch at a place in Airdrie and had a great lunch, after we met our waitress and got to share with her about the ranch she wanted some info and she said, "the world needs more people like you to help us young people." P.T.L. So neat to see God is using us to impact lives.

After our very successful meeting with Larry about the gas wells we drove downtown and stopped at Starbucks for a drink and a rest, when two members of the Calgary police force sat by us so we got a picture of one of them with his cool hat and we were able to share a little about the ranch with them.

We then headed to Fred and Gladys Kerns for the evening.

We had a great supper with them and then Diane and Gladys headed for the shopping mall while Fred and I had a great visit. I was blessed as I listened to a man that has experienced a lot of life and is more than willing to pass on his wisdom to those of us that need to hear it and are willing to learn .
James and Chance are busy working on the grade beam for the shop and are thankful that Justin is patiently working with us to get all to come together.

Philippians 4:7 (New International Version)

"7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

WHY WE WOULD ENCOURAGE YOU TO GIVE JESUS A CHANCE
#1
Because you have a past
You can't go back, but He can. The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) He can walk into those places of sin and failure, wipe the slate clean and give you a new beginning.
#2
Because you need a friend
Jesus knows the worst about you, yet he believes the best. Why? Because He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you. What a friend!
#3
Because He holds the future
Who else are you going to trust? In his hands you are safe and secure - today, tomorrow and for eternity. His word says, "For I know the plans I have for you ...plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen". (Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB)

If you'd like to start over, with a new beginning with Jesus today, Diane, I, the board of directors, volunteers and supporters of Crossman Ministries and the Battle River Ranch Camp would ask you to please pray this prayer:

LORD JESUS CHRIST
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask Your forgiveness and now turn from everything that I know is wrong. Thank You for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you have made this commitment and would like to make contact, please call us. We'd love to talk to you and help in any way we can.

We are praying for all of you reading the blog every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment