Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday can't beat that day













We prayed for rain as the ranch was getting very dry and God is good and are we getting rain. We are blessed to have Jack Olsen from Kindersley staying with us for a few days. Jack showed up at the ranch yesterday and blessed us with him blowing the Showfaur as a sign of the presence of God. God blessed this land for his purpose and we will do all we can to honour and bless God with our gifts and the work of our hands.

We are waiting for several more permits to be completed and sometimes I get a bit anxious waiting for all the proper procedures and process to be able to move on to the next stage and get things done. As I was sharing with a friend about my frustrations and he shared with me that During Pharoh's reign when God put it on the heart of Moses to move God's people there were so many regulations and procedures and red tape that Moses must have spent day after day with the pharoh's authorities to clear the way for him to be able to follow all the exact and proper proceedures so that God's work could be done.

He than share with me also the time in history when Noah had to build a boat to float on water from a rain that no one had ever seen before can you imagine the process and proceedures he had to deal with to get all the permitts through to get that project off the ground. He shared with me that a project like this that has been so ordained and blessed by God, that He will always surround us with the people that would know exactly how to stand by us with confidence and peace. That just like Noah and Moses His plan will be accomplished at this ranch in spite of us.
This evening talked to a friend from Kindersley that is going to help us with the gas wells. And so we continue on knowing that God will accomplish His purpose if we will only listen to His voice and not the distractions around us.

A while ago someone asked me, don't you think you are spending a little to much time and giving too much to this ranch, don't you think a little moderation would be better. I often wonder if they would ask the same questions after we are dead and before God. Friends we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God and all He has blessed us with. Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time.

Jack also shared these pictures of his trip with us

1 Corinthians 3 : 10 - 15
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as an expert builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should be careful how he builds. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. 14If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. 15If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames.

WHY WE PRAY YOU WILL GIVE JESUS A CHANCE
#1
Because you have a past
You can't go back, but He can. The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) He can walk into those places of sin and failure, wipe the slate clean and give you a new beginning.
#2
Because you need a friend
Jesus knows the worst about you, yet he believes the best. Why? Because He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you. What a friend!
#3
Because He holds the future
Who else are you going to trust? In his hands you are safe and secure - today, tomorrow and for eternity. His word says, "For I know the plans I have for you ...plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen". (Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB)

If you'd like to start over, with a new beginning with Jesus today, Diane, I, the board of directors, volunteers and supporters of Crossman Ministries and the Battle River Ranch Camp would ask you to please pray this prayer:

LORD JESUS CHRIST
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask Your forgiveness and now turn from everything that I know is wrong. Thank You for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you have made this commitment and would like to make contact, please call us. We'd love to talk to you and help in any way we can.

We are praying for all of you reading the blog every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment