Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday surprise














































































































































































































Love is what defines a caring society. But love needs the Divine. The brotherhood of man needs the fatherhood of God. Love without God becomes selective, self centered and self seeking at best---turning lives of the weakest into hell on earth. Many have tried, but the fact remains that a strong, caring and compassonate society is impossible without God and His standard to follow and to live by.
Spreading the Gospel of hope and faith in Jesus Christ is the greatest mission of the 21st century. And in doing so we must not prejudge the hearts of men. Even Paul, one who was "formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and a insolent man", and who considered himself to be the chief of sinners. Could even he obtain mercy from God? ( 1Tim. 1:13-15 ). Sometimes we Christians forget, our duty is to share the Word and love others and God will take care of the results. We need to always remember, we are to sow the seed and not to be soil inspectors.
I remember years ago a guy that cleans carpets came to our house. After he had done an exceptionally good job of our carpets, I went to pay him and he said, "don't worry about it Harold, there's no charge." Well, there was no way I was not going to pay. I first of all didn't know him that well and I figured he needed the money. I also wondered what was his motive was. I couldn't figure out why someone would not want to be paid for work that he had done. But before I could say much he stopped me and said, "Harold accept the blessing. When God puts it on the heart of someone to bless someone else it would be denying him a blessing not to accept it. When we bless others we are blessed even more in return, because you can't outgive God." In a society that thrives people bless and bless each other and a society that dies, it's always about me and what's in it for me. Be a blessing today, I believe that God gives us a minimum of seven opportunities a day to bless someone in the world that we live in. Try to prove me wrong. BET YOU CAN'T!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment