Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Report



Imagine you're a child studying astronomy. You read about the first mission to the moon, and you begin to ask your teacher all sorts of space travel questions. "What's it like on the moon?" the teacher replies, "well I would guess or I think or perhaps." She's never been there. But the next day, astronaut Neil Armstrong enters your class room. Now ask your questions, the teacher says, and Armstrong answers each with certainty. He knows the moon; He's walked on it. No speculation or hesitation - he speaks with conviction. So did Jesus: He taught as one having authority Math. 7:29 NKJV. Jesus knows the dimesions of heaven. He knows the words of the songs sung by the angelic choir. He has unrivalled knowledge of God - and He wants to share His knowledge with you: 'No one truly knows the father except the son and those the Son chooses to reveal him" Math. 11:27 NLT. But notice what Jesus says next. "Come to me all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens... Let me teach you...and you will find rest in your souls" Math. 11: 28-29 NLT. Underline the words Let me teach you. Let me teach you how to handle your money, your marriage, and your mood swings. Let me teach you how to live the right way here on earth, and how to go to heaven when you die. And don't we need to learn? The age of information has become the age of confussion: To much know-how, and hardly any know why. We need answers. Answers only Jesus has. But can I trust Him? Well there's only one way to find out. Just give Him a try, I know so many of you are living lives that are empty and void of purpose and hope. It's your own little world, your own little understanding, your own little belief system. And like a freind of ours once said to us I see you got religion, well you just keep it to yourself. And after a bit more of our conversation he admitted that his life was absolutley empty and without purpose but he wanted nothing to do with Jesus. As a sheet metal worker I take a piece of metal and to make it useful I need to Cross Break it, than I need to surround it with a double fold in order that it can be attatched to a duct system so the air can be directed to where it needs to go to complete it's purpose. I could easily build that sheetmetal piece and just put away on a shelf and never use it, just keep it for myself and it's purpose would never be complete. Like each of us we come broken to the cross to gain strength, a new life and as we surround ourselves with good people and good books, we then can be used to share the love of Jesus to those in the world around us. But so many choose to get all they can out of this Jesus and Christian thing but never seek to improve the world around them. Not one thing Jesus did was for Himself, not one thing, it was all about others and that's what He calls us to be. But look at the world around us, are we doing a good job? We are to be a light to the world around us, our friends, families, nieghbours, co-workers our communities. I've heard over and over again what can I do, or what can one person do, well Jesus was one person and He said we would be able to do even more than Him.

(Math. 28:18-20 NIV) Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surley I am with you always, to the very end of the age.

Thank you for - The Word for you today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment