Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday surprise











Once again the community pulls together and we are able to help someone in need. Jesse is diagnosed with cancer in his back, some friends pray, God puts it on some one else's heart to help, supper and a fundraiser is planned and funds are raise by over 400 people to help Jesse deal with his battle. All from start to end of evening in just 3 weeks. God is good and what a great evening with great people. Everyone had a great time, our auctioneer done a great job for a guy that's not an auctioneer kept the crowd in stitches with laughter and he raised a whole lot of money to help Jesse with his medical expenses and not an ounce of alcohol involved. It can be done and no one gets hurt.
Hebrews 14
14-16Now that we know what we have—Jesus, this great High Priest with ready access to God—let's not let it slip through our fingers. We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.
______________________

Opening remarks and welcome Pastor Lyle Berg

Jessie Moffat fund raiser April 9 / 2010 MC Harold Stephan

Welcome everyone of you that has followed your hearts this evening and chosen to impact the lives of people in the world you live in, and look around you, you are impacting lives.

Especially like to welcome this evening,- Will and Debbie Moffat Jessie’s parent and the rest of the Moffat family.

Also like to say- Thank you to Pastor Lyle and Laura and the generous and giving hearts of the Lloyd Gospel fellowship church for allowing this to be held in this beautiful place of worship.

Also thank you---- to the many friends and family that have helped to make this evening a possibility,--- with your time, energy and donations,--- the heart of God is at work in this place and this community.

Each of us is here tonight to join in walking with Jessie Moffat, this journey he is on.

To be his family, friend, home and his community. We have chosen from our hearts and in faith to ignore all worldly logic and for as long as it takes to love and support our friend in a way that God calls us to be.

Introduce Jessie Moffat

Opening Prayer

1 Corinthians 13 (The Message)

Theme-The Way of Love

Read by; Christine Muyres

1 If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate. 2If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing. 3-7If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere. So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.

Love cares more for others than for self.

Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.

Love doesn't strut,

Doesn't have a swelled head,

Doesn't force itself on others,

Isn't always "me first,"

Doesn't fly off the handle,

Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,

Doesn't revel when others grovel,

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,

Puts up with anything,

Trusts God always,

Always looks for the best,

Never looks back,

But keeps going to the end.

8-10Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit. We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete. But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

11When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

12We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

13But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

____________________

I would now like to have a fine gentleman of our community come forward to ask the blessing on our meal. Allen has a powerful message as a cancer survivor, he is also one of our fine city alderman and a powerful man of God.-------------- Thank you Allen Parks

Introduce Gary Shiach our auctioneer for this evening and he will start out our evening by auctioneering off the second table to eat. (Jessie and his family will go first).

(after supper is over)

Thank you to Shelley and her fine dedicated staff of volonteers for the wonderful meal.

Natalie Ackerman to share a few words

Thank you to Kendra and her team of fun seekers over at the mocktail booth that never fail to brighten up our events.

Those of you that would like to take this opportunity to pray with and for Jessie can meet us up front after I say goodnight to every one else.

And to any one that I missed thank you from Jessie, the Moffat Family and all of us who have been blessed to be a part of Jessie’s life and this evening. God Bless and Good night.

For those of you that want to know how much God wants to bless His people, from the efforts of God's faithfull the evening blessing was over $ 23,000.00 P.T.L. God is Good all the time


Recently, while going through an airport during one of his many trips,the past president Bush encountered a man with long gray hair and beard, wearing a white robe and sandals, holding a staff. President Bush went up to the man and said, "Has anyone told you that you look like Moses?" The man didn't answer. He just kept staring straight ahead. The president said, "Moses!" in a loud voice. The man just stared ahead, never acknowledging the president. The president then pulled a Secret Service agent aside and, pointing to the robed man, asked, "Am I crazy or does that man not look like Moses to you? The Secret Service agent looked at the man & agreed. "Well," said the president, "every time I say his name, he ignores me and stares straight ahead, refusing to speak. Watch!" Again the past president yelled, "Moses!" and again the man ignored him. The Secret Service agent went up to the man in the white robe and whispered, "You look just like Moses. Are you Moses?" The man leaned over and whispered back, "Shhhh! Yes, I am Moses. But the last time I talked to a bush, I spent 40 years wandering in the desert and ended up leading my people to the only spot in the entire Middle East with no oil."

WHY YOU NEED TO GIVE JESUS A CHANCE
#1
Because you have a past
You can't go back, but He can. The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) He can walk into those places of sin and failure, wipe the slate clean and give you a new beginning.
#2
Because you need a friend
Jesus knows the worst about you, yet he believes the best. Why? Because He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you. What a friend!
#3
Because He holds the future
Who else are you going to trust? In his hands you are safe and secure - today, tomorrow and for eternity. His word says, "For I know the plans I have for you ...plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen". (Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB)

If you'd like to start over, with a new beginning with Jesus today, Diane, I, the board of directors, volunteers and supporters of Crossman Ministries and the Battle River Ranch Camp would ask you to please pray this prayer:

LORD JESUS CHRIST
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask Your forgiveness and now turn from everything that I know is wrong. Thank You for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thank you Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you have made this commitment and would like to make contact, please call us. We'd love to talk to you and help in any way we can.

We are praying for all of you reading the blog every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment