Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sunday can't beat that day








Sometime or other everyone wants a bit of attention and at church today Pastor Lyle's message was such that he definitely had everyone's attention. He shared about how God sent His one and only Son and how the wise men gave their best gifts to the Christ child. We now are God's ambassadors to the world and we need to speak life into the lives around us each day. Those of us that are blessed to be parents know too well that our children seek and need our attention and far too often we have all kinds of excuses, like we are too busy or not now. Wait until we get home, or I'm too tired. Then they're all grown up and gone and we missed the best times a parent can have. Diane and I did as much as we could to be there for our kids and yet we could have done a whole lot more. Diane home schooled most of our kids and as we had our own family business, very often the kids took turns coming along with me to work to learn about the plumbing trade. I remember one time working at a job and one guy said, "hey Harold, you know there's a law against child labour." We were never wealthy financially but we were billionaires when it came to a great family. I remember a time when I had an appointment out of town and it was summer time so I decided to ride my bike, Jacqui always wanted to ride with me so, we packed a picnic lunch and away we went. Once I had finished my appointment we found a great hill along the highway drove the bike up and set out the picnic, it was great! Another time I was on a road trip and Michael was with me this time, it was a cold winter day. I was in a bit of a hurry, but that never stopped Michael from talking non- stop to me as I drove. He was looking through a pamphlet about drums (go figure) and he kept trying to show me the pictures of the different drums that he wanted. Soon, I was getting a bit concerned, as the road was not great and it was a bit stormy out. So I said to Mike, "if I keep looking at pictures of drums I'm going to end up in the ditch, stuck in the snow." Then without hesitation Michael says, "WOW dad that would be great, then we can talk better. He was not concerned with an accident or being stuck out in the middle of nowhere, no, he just knew, then we could talk. We love our kids so much and like everyone else, we've made a lot of mistakes, but today we are blessed with a family that plays together, prays together, works together and are there for each other. So this Christmas be sure to give the best you've got and be sure it's from the heart, spend lots of time with family and drink deeply of the Spirit of God as He blesses us all with abundant life. Diane and I wish you all a very Blessed Christmas and may the peace, hope and blessing of the Christ child be with you all.
We are going to take some time away from the blog unless God really puts it on our hearts to share something immediately as we will be spending time with our family. So, we will talk to you in the new year, if not before. All the best to you in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment