Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday the day of change




Not long ago and shortly after the turn around in the economy I heard about a guy, he was having a few problems with family and life in general and to top it all off he said he had lost all his retirement investments, gone just like that. What's the use, how do you ever get ahead? And I kind of wondered what it means to get ahead, what is everyone focusing on in the attempt to get ahead. It seems it takes me a long time to learn something because I've made so many mistakes , and it's said that you learn from your mistakes but I think I even blow that most times. For many years we have had people come to our door usually by appointment and want to show us how to invest our money and put it away for our golden years. Most times they would sit and tell us all about the different investments and about all the money we would have for our retirement. We even tried a get rich quick scheme multi-level deal and lost ours and the money of our friends that we had talked into trying this plan also. I think the miracle of the day has got to be when we choose to step across the line and do what's right and invest into the lives of others. Today we have our kids and so many people helping us to build this ranch that God has put on our hearts to build, that you can't help but be overwhelmed. We still don't have any investments or financial portfolio as many would call it and maybe we have been irresponsible with our money. But we have a family we are so thankful for and friends that are second to none. We have a God that loves us and promises to never leave us or forsake us. We have so much to be thankful for each and every day. When I stepped across the line and stopped drinking and drugging it was the right thing to do, but when I stepped across the line and completely gave my life to Jesus that's the day I was set free. It's an everyday miracle and it's for us all.
"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowedge Him and He will make your paths straight." Prov. 3:5 &6
Drop into His care and you'll have the life your looking for.

1 comment:

  1. Amen Brother! Amen! It is the eternal things that last, not the things of this earth. I love that song you have put up on this blog, by Randy Travis called "Three Wooden Crosses" It is so true its not what we take but what we leave behind that counts. Investments in people, in lives and souls to heaven. I recently watched Knowing with Nicolas Cage, and while there is a lot of weird things in there, there was one thing that really made me sit up. This world will pass away in fire. The Bible says so. Seeing that so graphically reminded me that our lifetime is short in the span of eternity and all this world will pass away. Only one life, will soon be passed, only what done, for Christ will last. Bless you brother!

    ReplyDelete