Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday can't beat that day









Father's day only gets better when family is your focus. As the father of six great young adults my life is full of gratitude. I remember years ago when the kids were really young and we were sitting around the fireplace, Diane had fallen asleep and so we were playing and teasing her as she was talking in her sleep. I remember we were asking her if we as a family could all own Harley Davidson's one day. And in her sleepy way said ya sure everyone OK. Well after a great fathers day service at church today my family made me get on my bike and we all rode out to the ranch and had a great barbecue dinner. We also did some archery and gopher hunting. I also taught the boys a game that Randy, Alvin and a few others of us used to play and I believe it was called stretch. It was a game where two would play and we would throw our knives and the other guy would have to reach for it and then throw farther.

We also searched for some Geo-cache sites and had a great time finding the spots. So now I have two new toys.

Blaine and Diane cooked up some real good chicken and we had some of Diane's potato salad. We also had Elisa's assine salad and Mel's oriental salad. Mike and Wendy blessed us with the traditional Dad's Root beer and God provided the the atmosphere of family that supports and lives life to the fullest as we trust in Him and Him alone. As two of our sons were walking around the corner to do some shooting I caught a conversation that will always make me proud of the mature men that we have. I overheard one of then say to the other that he was wrong about something and apologized and the other also apologized and they moved on as mature men should. I have learned a lot from our children and still do everyday. I am so thankful to God for that. How long do we hold on to a grudge or a disagreement that only makes our lives miserable and painful.

Matthew 5:39
"Whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."

Never look for righteousness in the other person, but never cease to look to have the righteousness of God in yourself. We seem to always be looking for justice, yet the essence of the teaching of the Sermon on the mount is- Never look for justice, but never cease to give it.




No comments:

Post a Comment