Sunday, November 1, 2009

Mondays momentum








Have you ever been so frustrated because things don't go quite the way you want them to? You plan everthing out and then some little thing seems to happen to set it all back, and you wonder what is going on here? Or you have a few big decisions to make and there is no way you know which one to choose because they all seem to be the right one. Well I'm in the middle of a few of those situations. Diane and I are heading to Nova Scotia on Thursday and I was hoping to have a lot of loose ends tied up before we leave, but unless God brings a few miracles real soon I may have to accept the fact that it's out of my control. Problem with that is some of us don't like to be out of control or is it not in control, but if I do what it says in :
2 Chronicles 14-- "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." I need to seek God more each day, I need to humble myself more each day and realize that it's not about me and what I can accomplish, but what God can do as I continually surrender to His authority and His way and His plan because when I do that it all starts to come together real smooth. I remember one Sunday a long time ago we were in church and the pastor all of a sudden stopped speaking and just looked around. He then called all the kids to come to the front and when they were all standing at the front he reached into his pockets and pulled out hands full of candy he then up and threw it all out at the kids. Everyone of them ran, jumped, reached out and got all the candy they could grab. He then told the children to go sit down and they all did, with big smiles on every face. He then looked at everyone else standing and said that those children received because they were not afraid to reach out and receive what was being given to them, had some or all of them just stood there with their hands at their sides like all of you they would never have been blessed with the gift. Now he said if someone were to stick a gun in your belly what's the first thing you do? Why you surrender to his authority. Now as we think about all that, most of us don't like to be told what to do or how to do it, but if we would, in church have an attitude of surrender and an attitude to receive and reach out to receive the free gift that God has to offer us we would be different people. We have such an attitude problem, I remember a cousin of mine once said "ya Harold, a bit of religion is okay but you got to be careful not to overdo it." Well I don't believe you can ever overdo getting enough of God. I definitely used to overdo it on everything else in my life and it got me no where. So we need to just sit back, get the right attitude and be willing to receive and God's blessings will overflow in our lives. By the way, that pastor was a Catholic Priest in a Catholic church. Great stuff eh? The miracle of the day is that we found a place for one of the pool tables and tomorrow we will drop it off. P.T.L! Good night and I hope when all hope seems gone you will reach out and give God a chance. He is good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey my precious brother, as I read this post the Lord really spoke to my heart and the word He spoke is Peace. As I was just praying for you God really impressed upon me that you need peace about certain decisions you are making and that the decisions that are of Him will have a Peace about them. As we seek God we must remember He is not in the wind or the thunder, but in the still small voice and not in the things that are shouting at us. I just sensed as I pray for you that is what you need in your decisions was peace. Thank God we know the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ, and as we stand in His Blood, we can know the peace that passes understanding, an uncommon peace in the shouts of the winds and the waves. You are most certainly out of the boat my brother and walking on the waves, focus on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith, and all things will fall into place the way they should. God also has impressed on my heart to pray for safety and protection. That in your travels, and equipment and vehicles would be washed with the blood of Jesus and angels would be vigilant around you. Jesus said whatever we bind in heaven would be bound on earth and whatever we loose in heaven shall be loosed on earth. Praying for legions of angels to be standing with you at this time, and that the enemy is bound from confusion, and any plans he has against you would fail. I plead the blood of Jesus over you and your family that as you Submit to God, and Resist the Devil he shall FLEE from you my brother. Remember satan is just a big old roaring lion with his teeth knocked out, and his claws removed after the Victory at the Cross. God is so Good! Keep shouting the Victory my brother. God is making all your paths straight. Love you man. God Bless Ya Real Good! Moose.

    ReplyDelete