Sunday, January 10, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR


2009 News year eve 12:00 midnight Diane and I celebrated our 34 engagement anniversery. I remember that evening 34 years ago. At 20 minutes before midnight just before the time I planned to ask Diane to marry me a friend asked me to put money into a drug buy. I said no and explained that I was going to ask Diane to marry me at Midnight and needed the money I had to buy a wedding ring the next day. Well he went up one side if me and down the other, telling me about how after the deal I could buy twice the ring.
This new years eve we spent the evening with family and we gave thanks as 2009 ended, and then asked God's blessing on the new year to come 2010. What a differance for us. Today, we had a friend over for the afternoon that would like to help at the ranch in anyway needed. She also has her own horses and is willing to do whatever we need to have her do. She lived a life of drugs, alcohol and abuse until 2 years ago when she walked away from that life and accepted a life with Jesus. She shared with us that she knew that her life was a mess and that she needed to change. After the life she had lived she thought that being a Christian would be so boring and that her life of fun and excitment was to come to an end, but she knew she needed to change. Well here two years later she shared that she has had the best two years of her life and it never once was boring. Diane and I felt the same way years ago and to this very day we can hardly keep up with everything that is happening in our lives. I guess that you make the best of whatever life you choose to live but I'm glad that Jesus gave up His life to give us an abundant life. So much more rewarding then we could have ever dreamed it could be. He created us and until we truly know Him we live a life with a God shaped hole. He gave us the desires of His heart, so until our hearts are filled with Jesus we will live with that aching hole inside of us trying to fill it with everything the world has to offer, drugs, alcohol, sex, but they never fill that emptiness. Only Jesus. Give Him your life today, totally, you'll never regret it. Only those who give Him only a part of their lives, those that have one foot in the world and the other with the Lord won't experience the fullness of His grace. Give Him your all.

1 comment:

  1. Your story sounds similar to ours and many others. God bless you both for your work for him.

    ReplyDelete