Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Report

















We got the call about 9:00 am from my Aunt, she said that Uncle Art was not doing well, he was admitted into the hospital and it looked like he would not be coming home again. She told us if we wanted to see him we should come soon. I loaded up some of the things I'd need to stay at my brothers over night. Diane and I prayed and then headed to fuel up the bike and hit the road. It was about a 3 hour drive and the weather report wasn't looking great. By the time I got halfway there it started to rain and then just 20 miles out of the city it started to snow. I pulled up to the front of the hospital, parked the bike and headed in. He had a lot of visitors including my brother and visiting hours were almost over. As we were visiting with him you could see he was getting tired. The intercom announced that visiting hours were now over and it wasn't long before the lights were turned down for the night. Everyone said their goodbye's and had left and I decided to stay just a bit longer, as I sat there beside him we talked a bit and then out of the blue he asked me, "did you bring the bike?" Several times he had jumped on the bike with me and enjoyed the ride out in the open air. I'll never forget how he spent time with me helping me to fix up and get that first bike going. I bought it for $50.00 when I was 13 years old. "Yes, I said I did bring the bike," and I told him a bit about the ride I had into the city and that would be staying at Arnie's overnight. I then asked him if he would like me to pray with him and just like God created each and every one of us to do he stretched out his weak and thin arms towards me and told me he sure would. We spent time praying together and I just wanted to be sure that when he left that he would be heading home to be with Jesus and that's what he wanted too. As uncle Art always did, like a real gentleman he thanked me we hugged and he said, "you be careful on that bike!" That was the last time we talked before he passed away. What an honor to spend those last moments with a man that cared for everyone the same and to spend time with him as he walked that last mile here on this earth.
At Crossman Ministries we try to focus on the needs of others and see where we can help whether it is at camp, running a semi across the country doing community outreaches and VBS's or building a ranch camp.n It's not hard to tell that some people think this is all a bit strange and I should be working a regular job instead of all this running around. But then there are those who know that when you truly accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and are willing to do whatever He calls you to do it's all about what Mother Theresa said "we are not called to be successful but faithful." So in this new year as we seek to be faithful to the one who gave us life and hope, draw as close to Him as you can and hold on for the ride of your life. CAUTION, do not attempt this if you cannot handle an extremely exciting life.

John, 10:10 The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. P.T.L. Amen, Alleluia!!!

SO TODAY WHY NOT GET FIRED UP AND GO FOR IT AND HELP US MAKE A DIFFERANCE BUILDING THE RANCH

No comments:

Post a Comment