Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday the day of change



As I listened to the words spoken at a funeral a while ago, I wondered about words about me? What would be said at my funeral some day when my time on this earth comes to an end? What would people remember or say of me after I depart from this earth? I am not sure but these are words that I hope would be said...

"He loved God his Father, Jesus his Savior and the Holy Spirit his Comforter and Counselor."

"He loved God's Word...it was his daily delight and mediation."

"He was crazy about his wife, Diane, He sought to love her as Christ loves the church, and gave himself up for her."


"He lived for his family and always made sure his children felt like they were on an adventure."


"He never stopped thinking about and praying for the next generation."


"He loved God's family, the Church. He was passionate about his work as the crossman."


"He loved developing better lives for any one that needed a hand and prayer."


"He definitely lived a life on purpose and sometimes in balance."


So...if these are words that I hope will be said of me in the end, what am I doing to make sure these things are happening now?

What do you hope will be said of you in the end?

Are you making decisions now to assure this?

How many of us claim that we are christians, talk like we are christians, find a comfortable church to attend or even hide away in our homes and listen to TV evangelists or hide behind the blessings that God has given to us to accomplish His purposes. Living our lives without taking any risks and then we hope that we will die in our sleep with no pain or discomfort. Then when we step before God we expect a big well done good and faithful servant.

Our God is an awesome God and I believe he expects his people to be great followers and acomplish awesome things that will be a part of building an awesome kingdom of God here on earth.

I guess the bottom line is that it really doesn't matter what is said at my funeral, I just know that Diane and I are going to do all that we can to run the race with all that God gives us to work with, and to slide into home base totally out of wind, scraped up, and a bit worse for wear, having spent it all to hopefully hear those words, "well done good and faithful servant."

Spent time today with some great folks that I hope will soon be on board with the ranch project. Then met Gerry Ritz and we had a great talk about how he plans to help us with some of the development plans we could use his help with. As usual he is always ready to help in whatever way he can. P.T.L.

Hebrews 12 : 1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."





No comments:

Post a Comment