Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday surprise









Have you ever marveled at something, and if you're not sure where I am going with this then first let me tell you what my dictionary says about the meaning of MARVEL. Marvel something wonderful; an astonishing thing, To be filled with wonder, to be astonished, extraordinary, excellent, splendid and fine and the best of all has to be awesome. Well if you're having trouble finding anything to marvel at, you have got to take some time to visit and see what God is doing 50 km's or 27 miles south of Lloydminster on hwy. 17. This is the location of the Battle River Ranch Camp. I know there was a time in my life years ago that all this talk about God doing this and God doing that made me really squirm and uncomfortable, but like I said earlier, if you are looking for something to marvel at give God a chance. He has got such a plan for each and everyone of us and that includes you. I remember the ex drunk doper that told me to give God a chance, try Him at His Word and give Him totally all my life for just 6 months and watch what happens. You will marvel at who you will become. At that point, if you are not comfortable with an extraordinary life filled with more excitement and fulfilment than you have ever had in your life, and without any regrets, then you can go back to the old life. It will be waiting for you, maybe that's where you are comfortable and find the most peace, some believe it or not do.

John 5:20 "For the Father has affection for the Son, and shows Him all things that He himself does. He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel." KJV

John 5:20 (New International Version)

20"For the Father loves the Son and shows Him all he does. Yes, to your amazement he will show Him even greater things than these."

Have you ever wanted to walk, talk and breath easier, do you ever feel you have such a weight on your shoulders that you can barely go on another day or another Minute then try the 6 month challenge cause right now and right here you can drop that heavy load at the feet of Jesus, the foot of His cross, and step out from under that load that is and has kept you from being all that you were created to be.

Miracle of the day:
My beautiful wife Diane and I and with the help of our neighbours got most of our house plants re-potted. Also a good friend is letting us use his template to build the concrete forms for the shop at the ranch, so picked that up this afternoon.
Another wonderful blessing was meeting a young vacuum saleswoman
who cleaned the carpet in the basement and did a great job. Thanks Michelle!

See you all at church tomorrow. If you're afraid to go, don't be! We talked to a friend that went to church for the first time in years and he said I was amazed at who all I saw there. It's the best place to be if you need to unload and be recharged. P.T.L.

WHY YOU NEED TO GIVE JESUS A CHANCE
#1
Because you have a past
You can't go back, but He can. The Bible says, "Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8) He can walk into those places of sin and failure, wipe the slate clean and give you a new beginning.
#2
Because you need a friend
Jesus knows the worst about you, yet he believes the best. Why? Because He sees you not as you are, but as you will be when He gets through with you. What a friend!
#3
Because He holds the future
Who else are you going to trust? In his hands you are safe and secure - today, tomorrow and for eternity. His word says, "For I know the plans I have for you ...plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray I will listen". (Jeremiah 29:11-13 TLB)

If you'd like to start over, with a new beginning with Jesus today, Diane, I, the board of directors, volunteers and supporters of Crossman Ministries and the Battle River Ranch Camp would ask you to please pray this prayer:

LORD JESUS CHRIST
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask Your forgiveness and now turn from everything that I know is wrong. Thank You for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever. Thankyou Lord Jesus, Amen.

If you have made this commitment and would like to make contact, please call us. We'd love to talk to you and help in any way we can.

We are praying for all of you reading this blog every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment