Sunday, October 11, 2009

growing up and moving on


Our little town seemed to be obsessed with motorcycles.  I remember many times heading out to a friends farm where a few of us would meet and spend the day riding back roads and exploring new territory or building ramps to see how far we could jump our bikes. I remember once doing a petty good jump but to find out shortly that my seat flew off and when my butt came down it was not a smooth landing.  As we all grew up our bikes changed and so did our lives, some of us stayed around home to take over the family farm or carry on the family business but others of us chose to move on to see if we could find our place in the world.  I seemed to have had a mind of my own and as I look back I realize why my sister was always so frustrated with everything I seemed to do,  at the time I thought she was just a big pain in the behind, but now I realize she had to put up with a lot as she tried to keep some sort of order in our home.  As my life started to revolve around sex, alcohol and drugs I was getting into a life style and addictions that could eventually destroy my life.  Fortunately, as I was growing up there was this cute girl that would pick up my sisters for school every day.........

No comments:

Post a Comment