Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday Report

What a country we live in. I jumped into my work truck to go and pick up the pool table that was donated to the ranch. It has been a couple of weeks since I used the truck and my heater control was set at - cool/ max and today I set it to heat/ max. I know we shouldn't be stressed, but there seems to be so much to do that I have to remember daily, that in Psalm 46:10, it says "be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Whenever I get anxious and stressed this verse reminds me " be still, and know," now if I can only remember that and put it into practice I'll have a lot more peace throughout my day. Great reading out of the daily bread, very timely for me. It seems winter came way too fast and we really wanted to get a lot more done this year. We do know it's God's timing though, and He has the best plan. So we wait on the Lord. Today we also were able to get crosses ready for our churches annual trip to Mexico to send with them. Please pray that tomorrow when I go to get a building permitt all will go well and we can move on to the next stage of the Battle River Ranch Camp. Also today Dana has our new ranch letters ready and we can pick them up soon, what a blessing! Diane and I are so fortunate to have so many of you to make this dream come true, and not a week goes by that we don't get asked where and when will applications be available. It doesn't matter what walk of life you come from life skills are needed. A friend of ours and a local business man that Diane and I grew up with said that he was talking to a customer of his and he somehow got on the topic of some of the things churches are doing and that someone gave a bunch of land to some church or some guy and they were building some sort of camp or something. Well this friend of ours said, "oh, that's Harold and Diane, friends of ours and it's not just some camp." He told him of all the trades and other skills we will be teaching and the help it will make to the local workforce and the guy was just amazed and said he didn't realize what it was all about. It's not easy to build a facility like this, but not only is the support overwhelming but we have communities across Canada that have heard about this project and are looking to us to help them with similar ranches for their communities. We have even had one man come here to Lloydminster to talk to us, because he has land in Australia and Uganda and when we can and are ready he would like help there also. So don't tell me people don't care, because they do care and Lloydminster Battle River Ranch Camp proves it. Thank you, thank you, to all of you! I know God loves you all, so if you don't already know Him, give Him a chance and get to know Him.
God Bless you all and good-night!
Harold and Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment