Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Build and they will come






We have always thought it would be great to have a place, maybe even a ranch where we could build ready to move homes to teach men and women all parts of construction and maybe a little cook house where we could teach them how to cook healthy food and feed each other. Also to have some horses to ride along the river valley. And maybe a house or a lodge big enough so that we could all sit and support each other as we pray and share the problems that we are dealing with, and help each other as we also share and encourage each other with the victories in our lives. I've heard it said that you need to be careful what you pray for because you might get it. Then one day last spring, Diane had me pick up some frozen meat from a rancher that goes to our church. I was coming home from looking at a job in Nielburg and stopped in as it was on my way. The lady asked me in for a cup of tea and as we talked, I always seem to get on the tropic of a youth ranch, after listening to my story, Glenda asked if I was serious about the ranch. I told her I sure was and she replied, "if you will build that ranch, I'll give you the land". It took me a bit to take in what Glenda had just said to me, but today Diane and I are again being used as a part of God's plan and purpose for our lives and many others. Today we have the clear title to approximately 80 acres of land along the Battle River Valley. It is a beautiful piece of land just waiting to be used as the ranch camp. As I spent time asking God "how am we going to do all this as I am over 50 years old and I don't have the energy that I used to have, or the money it's going to take to build this to what it needs to be. God helped me to believe and to have the faith that if I would carry the vision and share it to every one I know, show them the picture God gave me of the ranch, that He would bring every one and avery thing needed to build this ranch so it would do what it is meant to do. Our plan for the ranch is to build ready to move homes and to train men and women on all ares of house construction. We have journeymen trades people willing to help in all the construction and hope to be able to provide the first year apprenticeship and safety certificates to each trainee.

No comments:

Post a Comment