Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday the day of change

Wow, snow today who's ready for this but the Good Lord did give us a great fall. We where blessed this evening to have supper with our good friends Mark and Rita and driving home in the snow you know you just start to think about Chistmas. I don't remember a whole lot about Christmas growing up, but I do remember when I was 17 and spent Christmas in a dumpy sort of apartment in Burnaby B.C. Everyone else had headed back to Saskatchewan for Christmas. I couldn't get enough time off to go back so there I sat in front of our old TV set, a case of beer and a bag of pot and lots of munchies of course. I'm still not sure why I did what I did but I found some old wire and with a pair of pliers I set out to make some crosses, what a picture that would have been. Years later I started again and we have been making crosses ever since at Crossman Ministries. First Corinthians I :I8 reads that "the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." It's amazing what God can do when we finally give him a chance to do something with our lives. Once we realize what happened that day at those three crosses, one of the criminals that hung there totally chewed out Jesus and ridiculed and mocked all that He stood for. But what was so amazing was that the other criminal on the other cross realized that his time was soon up and he hollered at the other criminal to shut up and back off, that Jesus had done no wrong and didn't deserve what was happening to Him. He then turned to Jesus and said "Jesus would you remember me when you get to heaven." Wow, then Jesus turns to him and says "yes, today you will be with me in heaven." Jesus knew the heart of that con and no matter what wrongs he had done Jesus knew that he was crying out for Jesus to forgive him for all that he had done wrong and that he wanted to be wherever Jesus was going. So we don't all have to have perfect church attendance but that even in those last moments if we cry out to Him we will be home with Jesus. Freaky thing is how do how do we know when those last moment are. But anyway, God is good all the time! Yesterday we had a really nice pool table donated to the Ranch but we had no place safe to store it until we had a place for it at the Ranch, but thanks to all the prayers, today Gale phoned and she will have some room for it by Wednesday. P.T.L. This seems like a small thing but I realize that if we don't appreciate the small miracles in our lives every day we probably won't see the big ones. Mayby we could pray for a couple of big needs at the ranch and see how God provides for those needs. Our new building is arriving mid to end of November. It is 80 ft wide and 75 ft long. We need the foundation to set the building on which will cost approx. $ 30,000.00 for concrete, rebar and labour. We have had all the labour donated to build and do the concrete foundation which amounts to $12,000.00 so we still need $18,000.00 to do the foundation. We also need a Zoom Boom to lift and erect the steel structure, I know that it seems like a lot but the way that God has provided everything else, including a place for the pool table for the ranch I believe He's got a plan for all this too. So we need to believe Philipians 4:19 and that's all there is to it. Stay warm and sleep well. Blessings Harold and Diane
BattleRiver Life Skills Ranch Camp




1 comment:

  1. My brother you are such an encouragement to me. You and I know we have been that con on that cross, and Jesus forgave even us. Wow eh? God is so good. I just want to say how much I look forward to your posts and am watching what God is doing in your midst. I am standing with you brother in prayer for the remainder of the funds for the concrete and the zoom boom brother and for much more, the rest of the ranch funds to come in. We sure love you guys Harold and Diane and just want to let you know we are behind you in prayer. All God's Love, Steve and Darcy.

    ReplyDelete