Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My second birthday

.......when in walks this big, burly biker named Doug and we just talked.  Doug always had that big smile on his face just like when he said to me, "Harold, don't you think it's time to give it all to God and invite Jesus into your heart?"  I said, "Yes" and that is what I did.  The guy that was going to come to work for us and help us out never did show up again.  But I have since learned that in the Bible in the book of Hebrews, Chapter 1, verse  14, it says, " are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?"   So I believe that man must have been an angel sent by God to bring me hope at a time when I felt so down  and hopeless and may have even taken my own life.  
When we accept Jesus into our lives as our personal Lord and Savior, it doesn't mean we will live a life of ease and all will be a bed of roses, but I believe and know that He gives us hope and real purpose for our life as we honor Him with all we do, say and think. My life started out very dysfunctional, I had no idea how to be a good parent, we wanted to be parents that could pour hope into the lives of our children and that didn't include drugs, alcohol, broken marriages and messed up lives....... So when your down and it feels like the whole world is against you remember that God knows no obstacles and never gives up on us. Romans 8 : 28
 


No comments:

Post a Comment