Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Turning point



.......I was ready to give up as I could see no hope, and as a businessman I was absolutely pathetic.  I thought I had it all made, a beautiful wife, two wonderful kids, a son and a daughter, our own business, nice truck, a Harley Davidson to ride, plenty of booze and cocaine for the weekends or whenever need be.  But I felt empty and useless inside, and as I sat there I remembered what many of those Christians had said to me, when everything around you is falling apart and you can see no hope JUST GIVE GOD A CHANCE.  My head fell down between my hands in pure desperation and I said " GOD IF YOU'RE REAL I NEED YOU NOW".  And no sooner had I said those words then the tears flowed from me as though my whole inside was being washed and everything about me was being washed clean, I thought I was overcome with grief but I now realize it was a life time of grief being lifted from me.  Then almost within a minute or two someone was knocking at my door.  Thinking it to be one of our employees I straightened myself out and said come in.  There stood a guy about 55 years old and I asked him if I could help him?  He asked if I was hiring, and I said no, no I'm not hiring anyone right now.  Well he replied if you could give me a job I could help you out with some money if you need it.  I quickly said "pardon me" and he said it again, that if I need some financial help he could help.  I looked at him and said, "have a seat." ........

No comments:

Post a Comment